TOPIC TASKS - Week Commencing 23.3.20
1) PE - Complete a daily physical activity task from the suggested list below.
2) Art - Create your own Henri Rousseau picture, painting or collage.
3) Science - Complete the Habitats Learning Sheet using the habitats information and bitesize video link to help you. You could also go on a bug hunt in your garden. How many species can you find?
If you are looking for an extra challenge then try one of the Project Ideas too!
PE - Physical Activity Ideas
- Dancing: Go Noodle (We do this in school)
- Yoga: Cosmic Kids Yoga
- Outdoor Time: Where safe and in line with current government guidelines, try to get some fresh air. Could you play some games in the garden or go for a short walk?
-Mr Doku Fitness Sessions - Link Below
- Joe Wicks: Morning PE sessions. Live from his Youtube channel.
Art & Craft
In class, we have been looking at the painter Henri Rousseau. Below are some of his paintings.
1) Create your own picture/painting inspired by one of his.
2) Recreate one of his paintings but as a collage. You could use old newspapers and magazine pictures to create the collage.
Science - Animals and their Habitats
Bitsize Video Clips & Activities - https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/topics/zx882hv
Our current topic is Endangered Animals. Could you have a go at doing one of the following things?
- What can you find out about a specific endangered animal? Could you create a fact file or a poster to tell me all about it?. Can you find a video to watch about that animal to help you collect facts? There may be some books on Epic books that could help.
- Does it have palm oil? Have a look at the products in your home. How many of them contain some form of palm oil? Can you find some that have no plam oil in them or sustainable plam oil?
- Become a reporter - Pretend you are in the rainforest reporting about the problems of animal's habitats being destroyed. What would you say to the viewers watching? Can you video record it?
- Create a Top Trumps style game for some Endangered Animals - Research their weight, height, life expectancy, numbers remaining in the wild and their epic factor. Create the cards and play!