Free school meals are available to children of all ages. To qualify for this, you need to make an application showing that you meet one or more of the following requirements:
· Income Support
· Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
· Income Related Employment & Support Allowance
· Support under Part VI of the Immigration & Asylum Act 1999
· The Guarantee element of State Pension Credit
· Child Tax Credit (without Working Tax Credit)
· Working Tax Credit Run On
· A parent who is a serving member of the armed forces.
Whether a child is in primary or secondary school, if they meet the requirements they will receive the following:
· A daily free school meal
· Additional Pupil Premium funding
If you think you are eligible to claim for Free School Meals, please go to the online Citizens Portal at:
It should take under a minute to complete the application and you will get an instant decision.
If you are unable to access the internet, you can phone their Customer Service Department on 0345 155 1019