Team Role Description – Parent Inclusion Ambassador
This is a voluntary role that will enable us at St Leonard's to support parents and carers of children with SEND, Special Educational Needs and Disabilities.
Role title: Parent Inclusion Ambassador
Reports to: Lucy Thompson
St Leonards’ vision is for every child to ‘be the best they can be.’ This is at the core of everything we do at school. The vision underpins the teaching and learning and provides an environment which prepares our pupils as confident and happy citizens.
The parent inclusion ambassador at St Leonard's School is a role that has been created to help make sure that every child is included in all areas of school life. It aims to give parents and carers of children with SEND a voice, a space to share the challenges they and their children face, an opportunity to create solutions to difficulties and enhance the SEND children's experiences in school and wider activities.
DIMENSIONS OF THE ROLE
● To form a community at St Leonard's for those parents and carers of children with SEND.
● Help host a monthly coffee and croissant meet up at school.
● Establish links with outside agencies, of interest to the group
● Identify particular needs and help connect parents with similar difficulties and experiences to enable them to facilitate their own support.
● Feedback key messages to the SENDCO and Link Governor.
If you are interested then please contact Jessica Hodges at email@example.com.