Opportunities and Enrichment through funding (Pupil Premium)
Our Pupil Premium Lead is
What does it mean to be 'Pupil Premium'?
There are 4 elements to pupil premium:
Free school meal eligibility
Adopted from care, special guardianship order and residence order
Children in care
Free School Meals - An application is made using the information below.
Service children - if one or more of the parents are serving in the armed forces, please notify the school office.
Adopted from care, special guardianship order and residence order - if this applies to your child attending school, please notify the school office.
Children in care - if this applies to your child attending school, please notify the school office.
What can we offer children in receipt of Pupil Premium funding?
As well as ensuring each pupils make academic progress, we also offer personalised support so that no pupil is disadvantaged. In the last academic year, this has included:
- Discounted school trips costs
- Access to music tuition in school
- Access to After School Club
- Opportunities for enrichment activities (for free)
- Support with uniform
- Priority access to sporting and extra-curricular club
These are not automatic, and we always discuss options with parents - and encourage parents to discuss opportunities with us.
St Luke's Enrichment
St Luke's offers excellent enrichment opportunities which many of our families take advantage of. A link to their website can be found below. These opportunities come highly recommended!
What is 'Free School Meals' (FSM)?
Free school meals are available to children of all ages. To qualify for this, you need to make an application showing that you meet one or more of the following requirements:
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- Income Related Employment & Support Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration & Asylum Act 1999
- The Guarantee element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (without Working Tax Credit)
- Working Tax Credit Run On
- A parent who is a serving member of the armed forces.
Whether a child is in primary or secondary school, if they meet the requirements they will receive the following:
- A daily free school meal
- Additional Pupil Premium funding
If you think you are eligible to claim for Free School Meals, please go to the online Citizens Portal at:
It should take under a minute to complete the application and you will get an instant decision.
If you are unable to access the internet, you can phone their Customer Service Department on 0345 155 1019
We are here to help you with this...
If you would like help to make the application, please speak to one of our Pupil Premium Champions or to the office. We are all more than happy to help you get set up.