Keeping Children Safe
Keeping Children Safe at St Leonard's CofE Primary
We have the greatest respect for our Safeguarding responsibility. School staff play an essential role in safeguarding our pupils.
- create safe environments for children and young people through robust safeguarding practices
- ensure that adults who work in the school, including volunteers, don't pose a risk to children
- make sure staff are trained, know how to respond to concerns and keep-up-to-date with policy and practice
- teach children and young people about staying safe
- maintain an environment where children feel confident to approach any member of staff if they have a worry or problem.
We have a number of Safeguarding officers in school identified above but ALL our staff share our responsibility and have received safeguarding training to help support children who may be at risk.
Useful links and information for our families
If you are concerned that a child has experience, or is at risk of, harm, you can make a referral yourself to MASH (Multi Agency Safeguarding Hub) through this link https://new.devon.gov.uk/educationandfamilies/child-protection/making-a-mash-enquiry